Safely Share the Road with School Buses:
- If you’re on an undivided road then do no pass a bus from any direction.
- Traffic must stop if the yellow or red lights are flashing and the stop arm is extended.
- The 10 feet surrounding a bus are the most dangerous so follow at a greater distance.
Safely Share the Road with Young Bicyclists:
- Be careful for young bicyclists coming from driveways or from behind or between parked cars.
- When turning left wait for the bicyclists to pass.
Safely Share the Road with Young Pedestrians:
- Avoid blocking crosswalks.
- When flashers are blinking in a school zone, STOP and yield to pedestrians.
- Avoid passing another vehicle that is stopped for pedestrians.
Click here for additional information from the National Safety Council